Monday, March 16, 2009

A Smattering of Distant Applause

I wanted this introductory post to be all huge and epic, but I'm drawing a blank, so I'm settling with just being obvious. 

I'm Aubrey, I'm a journalism student at Penn State (on my better days, a "student journalist"), and I'm trying out this blogging thing mainly because it's the only thing I haven't tried on the list of self-indulgent social networking devices. I fought joining Twitter for a year, only to become addicted within a week, so I might as well get a head start on the blog. 

I'm a copy editor at our student newspaper here, the Daily Collegian, which consumes my life in a frightening but kind of comforting way. I'm from one of Philadelphia's various interchangeable suburbs, but, like everyone who lives outside the city, I just tell people I'm from Philly. I have a mildly pathetic addiction to twee indie pop, I've read Pride and Prejudice cover to cover at least five times and I own a finicky MacBook named Sev.

I also promise that I don't usually start all of my sentences with "I."

No comments:

Post a Comment